2016 Fall League Schedule and Results
- Sunday, September 25th, 11 AM vs Hartford in Providence, RI (WIN; PVD: 6-6, Hartford: 3-5)
- Sunday, October 16th, 3 PM vs Hartford in Glastonbury, CT (WIN; PVD 9-7, Hartford: 1-2)
- Sunday, October 23rd, 11 AM vs UCONN in Providence, RI (Cancelled - weather)
- Sunday, October 30th, 3 PM vs UCONN in Glastonbury, CT (Cancelled - scheduling conflict)
- Sunday, November 6th, 1:30 PM - FINALS - in Glastonbury, CT (WIN!)
2016 Northeast Gaelic Athletic Association Schedule and Results
- Sunday June 5th, 3:00 PM VS Worcester in Worcester, Massachusetts (LOST)
- Sunday June 12th 3:30 PM VS Hartford in Glastonbury, Connecticut (LOST; Hartford: 3-10, PVD: 2-10)
- Saturday June 18th, 2:00 PM VS Barley House Wolves in Concord, New Hampshire (LOST; Barley House: 9-12, PVD:1-4)
- SCRIMMAGE: Sunday July 24th, 11 AM VS Hartford in Providence, Rhode Island (DRAW; PVD: 3-13, Hartford: 6-4)
- Saturday August 6th, 2:30 PM VS Portland in Canton, Massachusetts (DRAW; PVD: 5-4, Portland: 2-13)
- Playoffs: Quarter-finals VS Worcester (WON) by forfeit
- Playoffs: Semi-finals VS Hartford (LOST)
Thank you to all Providence Hurling Club fans, donors, families, and players! On August 21st, 2016, we had our semi-final match against the Hartford GAA and lost. It was a great match with some great scores throughout by both teams. The Hartford GAA went to the Northeast GAA Men's Junior C Final against the Barley House Wolves of Concord, NH, and ended up losing at the end. Congratulations to the Barley House Wolves on winning the Northeast GAA Men's Junior C Final as well as all of the other clubs in the the Northeast GAA Junior C Hurling for the great matches throughout the season.
A special thanks to Patrick Griffin and his pub, Patrick's Pub on Smith Street in Providence. Patrick is our main sponsor and has been a huge part of the Providence Hurling Club since we first had the idea to start the team. Patrick's Pub hosted our inaugural fundraiser and continues to generously host the team after all of our matches.
The Providence Hurling Club was proud of our first season in the Northeast GAA. Although we ended up with three losses and one draw, the Providence Hurling Club has grown by leaps and bounds since we started the team two years ago. We are looking forward to continuing to grow in our abilities and spread the word to Rhode Island about the fastest game on grass.